Any product of any shape or size may be packaged in expanded polystyrene. Its exceptional shock absorbing characteristics make it ideal for the storage and transport of fragile and expensive items such as electronic equipment, wines, chemicals and pharmaceutical products.
The outstanding thermal insulation and moisture resistant properties of EPS enables the freshness extension of perishable products such as produce and seafood. Moreover, its compression resistance means that EPS is ideal for stackable packaging goods.
During transport, the cushioning capabilities of EPS can’t be stressed enough. It is used to protect new appliances such as refrigerators, washing machines and act as a protective buffer when transporting heavy goods such as steel pipes and other machines. EPS packaging is used extensively for both the domestic and export market.
Advantages of using EPS:
EPS consists of 98% air and has long been used as a thermal agent. The insulating ability of EPS makes it an ideal material for energy efficient building products.
- Light weight, easy to transport and install.
- Moisture resistant, increasing water penetration resistance.
- Safe to use. EPS is non-toxic, does not contain CFCs and does not decompose into harmful substances.
- Easy to use; is easily painted using PVA applied by brush or spray. Bonds easily to other materials.
- Extremely cost effective.
- EPS can be moulded, shaped and cut into virtually any shape or pattern.
- EPS is modular and easy to extend.
- Fire retardant. All EPS used in Technopol’s products are fire retardant and will not propagate or contribute to the spread of fire.
- Durability. EPS does not rot or degrade over time, remains dimensionally stable, will remain fully functional for the life of any building