EPS has a positive strength to weight ratio, making it an effective and popular solution for the use in gliders, light and model planes, surfboards, windsurfing boards and other decorations, ranging from simple printing of a brand name, to an elaborate pictorial representation achieved by mould engraving.
When safety is paramount, EPS comes into its own. It is used in the manufacture of children’s car seats and cycling helmets, where its protective qualities such as strength and shock-absorbency are vital.
EPS also has applications in horticulture as seedling trays. Granulated EPS can also be added as a soil conditioner to promote aeration of the soil.
Advantages of using EPS:
EPS consists of 98% air and has long been used as a thermal agent. The insulating ability of EPS makes it an ideal material for energy efficient building products.
- Light weight, easy to transport and install.
- Moisture resistant, increasing water penetration resistance.
- Sound absorbency: Since it is resistant to vibration, which helps to increase sound insulation..
- Safe to use. EPS is non-toxic, does not contain CFCs and does not decompose into harmful substances.
- Easy to use; is easily painted using PVA applied by brush or spray. Bonds easily to other materials.
- Recyclability: EPS is 100% recyclable
- Extremely cost effective.
- EPS can be moulded, shaped and cut into virtually any shape or pattern.
- EPS is modular and easy to extend.
- Fire retardant. All EPS used in Technopol’s products are fire retardant and will not propagate or contribute to the spread of fire.
- Durability. EPS does not rot or degrade over time, remains dimensionally stable, will remain fully functional for the life of any building